Monday, April 23, 2012

Where is Zurich?


For some reason, I thought that Zurich was in Germany. Well, it's not. It's in Switzerland, which is kind of close, but not quite. Either way, the thought of going to Zurich was equally exciting to me whether it was in Germany or in Switzerland. They speak plenty of German in Switzerland anyway.

Well, the idea of spending a day there on our way to Africa was way better than when we actually arrived there. We did sleep on the plane and it was a fantastic plane ride with Swiss Air, but we had that wonderful almost dead feeling for most of the day. We took a beautiful boat ride and slept through half of it.

But...we did manage to have fun. We ate breakfast/fourthmeal at a cafe that had a great view of some very interesting old buildings. The boat ride we took on Zurich Lake gave us a little bit of time to recuperate some energy so we could go walk through a bunch of cool looking little alleyways that you only see in movies. There was lots of water and trees around and great-smelling food. There was an abundant supply of croissants, pastry items and other butter filled delicacies.

It was a nice break from the plane ride and gave us a 1 day head start on our jet lag recovery, so I think I would do it again.

This pretty much sums up our day in Zurich.

5 comments:

BazookaBobcat said...

That very first moment that Sheri looks at the camera.........the look is priceless.

Also the music adds a totally necessary feeling of intense drama.

Chloe said...

You are thinking of Munich. Munich is in Germany and also has that "u", "i", and silent "h" at the end.
I think in the credits, after "Swiss People", you definitely should have listed the pinwheels. They were a high point for me.

Meryl Estabrook said...

Just so someone is saying it....am I the only one who thinks the name if the boat ('Rundfahrt') is hilarious??

Dana said...

Very nice video! seems like a very pretty place.... i also thought the name of the boat was funny haha :)

Ian D. Rossi said...

Yeah I really thought the name of the boat was funny too :) I still have the mind of a 14 year old.